COMMERCIAL VEHICLE DELIVERY
Ferry Express has been providing the commercial vehicle industry with reliable ferry services for more than 23 years.
Our successes has been built on our reputation for efficient service, our quick response time, our skilled and trustworthy drivers and our uncompromising commitment to our clients’ satisfaction.
Ferry Express specialises in commercial vehicle delivery and vehicle storage in South Africa and across southern Africa.
We are based in Gauteng and offer local, national and export delivery services to our clients.
B-BBEE (Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment)
We support transformation within the socio-economic environment and are committed to a work environment free from racial, gender and disability discrimination.
We believe in continually investing in the skills development of our workforce and support various socio economic development initiatives within our area of operation.
Our experience in the industry has enabled us to develop and implement efficient and secure processes to ensure we maintain high levels of service whilst providing fluid pick-up and delivery of commercial vehicles.
Our professional approach combined with our capable team of drivers, means that our clients can enjoy the peace of mind that their asset is in good hands during the delivery process.
We offer local, national and export delivery services to our clients.
- Local deliveries in and around Gauteng.
- National pick-up and delivery from/to anywhere with the borders of South Africa.
- Export deliveries throughout the SADC region in particular Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and Zambia. Clearing procedures and documentation handling at borders with nominated clearing agents. Direct contact with our drivers to ensure a seamless process.
Vehicle deliveries are at all times done within the shortest possible turnaround.
We also provide secure vehicle storage at our Pretoria based storage facility. This 20 000m2 private facility in North-Eastern Pretoria is conveniently located close to the N1 and boasts state of the art security systems.
Our custom designed software ensures we keep track of the condition and location of vehicles whilst in our care.
If the capacity of our own facility is exceeded or a remote location is logistically more convenient for our clients, we provide secure remote storage via our network of established and trustworthy partner facilities.
We offer a range of ancillary services that complement our primary services of delivery and storage, including:
- Specialised port services.
- Demo vehicle transfers.
- Trade show transfers.
- Vehicle handover and operation overview on delivery.
- Low-bed services for non-runners.
- Special deliveries of large vehicle spares and parts.
People & Training
Our workforce is our greatest asset and we employ our drivers based on their outstanding skills, integrity and commitment to customer service.
- Licence verification and background screenings are performed as a first line of defence
- Our minimum licensing credential requirement is code EC (formerly Code 14) and a valid professional driver’s permit.
- We perform annual medical fitness tests including eye tests.
- We undertake regular and irregular drug screening.
Our track record reflects our high quality driving performance. We boast a 6.8% claim to payment ratio where insurance companies are generally satisfied when the claim ratio is 38%.
At Ferry Express we belief in empowering and developing our workforce to their fullest potential. This approach has resulted in a skilled, committed and valuable workforce as well as the added benefit of a low staff turnover.
Both business and life skills training are offered including:
- Client/supplier relations.
- Licence code upgrades.
- Technical driver training on a broad spectrum of truck and bus brands and their respective gearbox applications.
- Road safety and SA transport laws and regulations.
- Procedures in emergency situations.
- Responsibility and accountability.
- Financial independence.
We Would Like To Hear From You
Please send us a message by filling out the form below and we will get back with your shortly.